Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Got Any Work That Needs Doing?

I'm reluctant to do this, but times are really bad right now for me.

Bad as in "no food to eat" bad. Bad as in "can't pay my rent" bad.

I'm owed money by a couple of major publishers. Alas, their wheels grind at an agonizingly slow pace. It will be at least the end of July before I see any payment from them.

In the meantime, I'm completely broke. I think my bank balance currently sits at -$1.00. (Truth be told, I'm afraid to look anymore)

I don't have any friends or family that I can call on for help.

But I am able-bodied, talented in many areas, and available for freelance work.

Please check out my resume-blog at http://fmycreative.blogspot.com/.

I have 30 years' experience as a writer and graphic designer.

If I can be of any service to you, please contact me and let me know.

I've applied with local creative temp agencies, but heaven knows when that will pan out, work-wise. All my local work sources are too hard-hit by the depression to offer me any work.

This is a long shot, but I'm screwed right now and I need to do something. Thanks for taking a moment to read this. I hope the current "economic downturn" (ha! ha! ha!) is giving you a better deal than I'm experiencing at present.

Thanks again,
Frank Young

4 comments:

kylistener said...

Hey Frank, what is your paypal address?

I really enjoy this blog and would like to make a donation "for the cause".

Jim E

Gloria said...

Same here.

I'm far from a rich person, but I'd like to contribute, too (send paypal address to my mail)

Steven Rowe said...

Add the paypal box to the blogsite.

Frank M. Young said...

Hi folks...

I can't remember my Paypal password, and they won't send me a new one... thus, Paypal is not an option at present...

Personal checks are fine. Please e-mail me at eubiecat@gmail.com, and I'll try to get the Paypal thing resolved soon!